Associa, North America’s largest community management firm, strengthens its presence in the Canadian market by acquiring C-ERA Property Management & Realty, headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
“In less than a year, we have established our presence in Calgary with now our second acquisition, and look forward to continued growth,” said John Carona, Associa president and CEO. “Our union with C-ERA promises robust condominium corporation services and programs, driving competition and, ultimately, value to Canadian homeowners.”
C-ERA is a recognized leader in residential management, and specializes in condominium corporation management. The company provides its clients services such as Reserve Fund studies, lease reviews, Estoppel preparation, investment property analysis, and short term management of overflow projects. Candace Mehls and Susan Eyre, co-owners of C-ERA, remain actively involved with the Alberta Real Estate Association (AREA), where they also lead professional development courses related to the residential management industry.
“We are thrilled to be part of the Associa family,” said Candace Mehls, co-owner of C-ERA. “As North America’s industry leader, Associa has established a solid reputation for offering comprehensive guidance to condominium corporations. We are excited about the vast resources and unique programs now available to our communities and homeowners.”
Susan Eyre, C-ERA co-owner, added, “Associa offers robust training and education programs, state-of-the-art technologies, industry leading resources and expertise, and several value-added programs and services created exclusively for homeowners.”
A few of the services and programs that Canadian homeowners can expect:
1. Associa Advantage – Provides homeowners with access to exclusive discounts on household goods and services
2. AssociaLiving – Inspiring articles about homes, communities, entertaining and practical living
3. Associerge– Offers exclusive free, concierge services and time saving deals to every client
4. Associa Access/Mobile – 24-hour account access via the internet, paperless account management with mobile technology
5. Associa University – Comprehensive community association management training program providing clients with the industry's best trained management
6. Associa Supports Kids (ASK)– Keeping Kids Safe and Strong: ASK educates parents and children about safety and sponsors youth sports activities to help kids stay active
7. Associa Cares – Non-profit 501(c)3 organization created to assist families and communities in crisis as a result of natural and man-made disasters
8. Associa Green – Helps families live healthy, “greener” lifestyles that benefit both people and our Earth through two programs: Associa Green HomeGrown and Associa Green RecyclingRoundups
ABOUT C-ERA PROPERTY MANAGEMENT & REALTY
C-ERA is a property management, project management, and sales and leasing firm operating in the greater Calgary area. They provide long and short-term management services in both commercial and residential industries, primarily specializing in condominium corporations.
Building and managing successful communities for more than 35 years, Associa is the worldwide leader in community management with over 10,000 employees operating more than 180 branch offices in the United States, Mexico, Canada, the United Arab Emirates and South Africa. Based in Dallas, Texas, our industry expertise, financial strength, and innovation meet the unique needs of clients across the world with customized services and solutions designed to help communities achieve their vision. To learn more about Associa and its charitable organization, Associa Cares, go to www.associaonline.com or www.associacares.com.
The definitive lifestyle resource for all things community-related, including industry news, educational resources and tips and trends for house and home, all designed to elevate your experience of community living.
February 21, 2017Essential Board Member Skills: Objectivity is Key
February 16, 2017
Delivering unsurpassed management and lifestyle services to communities worldwide.Watch Video